Thursday, June 12, 2008

Evacuated

I was very concerned for mom and her care takers safety when I learn Tuesday that they were closing moms Dr.'s office because of feared flooding in Waterloo. If you have been following the news they are flooded in downtown. Still mom's Dr.s office is a lot farther from the river than where mom's care taker lives. The Cedar River is her neighbor to the north. So her caregiver called Tuesday evening about 9:50 p.m. to let us know they were going to mom's house. Mom is much more comfortable being at her home, her care taker tells me. Mom's care giver today said they will be there through Sunday and she had transferred mom prescription to a location on the same side of the Cedar River as her home is.

While my next younger brother, B, was taking water up his drain Tuesday evening they had plans to evacuate to his in laws in Raymond, Iowa if necessary. By Wednesday morning late, I had heard Mom's care givers street was ordered to leave. While I have not talked to my youngest brother since February 9, 2007. I pray they are safe out on her farm. I doubt she can get to and from work. I pray my youngest brothers family is staying safe as well.
You can drop this address in you favorite map and see how far the Dr.s office is from the river
1015 S. Hackett Rd.
Waterloo, Iowa 50701

While NOT dear brother address, it is his street close to his house so you can see how close they are
1650 Oakwood Dr
Waterloo, IA 50703

This is a close to mom's care givers home
Texas St & Cedar Terrace Dr, Waterloo, Black Hawk, Iowa 50702, United States

While mom's house is only a little farther as you can see here, it is up hill so as long as they do not cut her electricity they will be fine.
Osage Rd & Bishop Ave
Evansdale, IA 50707 or Waterloo 50707 (50707) Is an Evansdale zip code but house is out side there limits in Waterloo. I'll never understand that one.

I am just guessing here that the farm youngest brother lives on is near here.
"Independence Ave. & Nesbit Rd. Waterloo, Iowa" I know the police think it is a Jesup address but it did not come up when I put in Jesup.

Sounds like all are safe and sound for the present yet the rains keep coming. Toady I went to a 4-H perorations meeting north of town the water was high as I went up, and starting to cross Highway 52 as I came back a short 30-45 minutes later.

No comments: