Friday, June 27, 2008

Back Home

Phenomena. I received a call midday on Monday from mom's caretaker. Mom was lethargic so she called the ambulance and started CPR. She said she had not done it since 1977, but it came back as she needed it. I called DH and was on the road with in 15 minutes. I met DH 20 minutes from here on the way there, dropped my auto and continued on to the hospital. Once at the hospital, moms care taker was there, mom squeezing her hand for all it was worth. She stopped when I walked up on the other side, then grabbed my hand. 4 hours later they put her in the room she had been in last year while out on the general floor. I was upset as they had starved her there last year. Not so this year. They did keep her Monday night and Tuesday night, but were ready to let her go home on Wednesday. She has to go see the Dr. in two weeks. They changed her diet to thickened liquids, and sent her home with a ventilator. Today I talked to the Dr. office and they want her back on iron, again. So it is waiting at the new pharmacy.

While talking in the E.R. mom would brighten as her care taker and I talked about moving them back to mom's house. Mom did so much better there while they evacuated there, so we are moving them there. Which is good for another reason. Beside it being better for the house to be lived in than setting empty. We can get it fixed up. Hail hit the last day they were there so it needs a new roof. Having a care taker who was a contractor/construction worker when I met her. We can get this nice again. I am very excited about all this.

No comments: