Saturday, August 9, 2008

August 2008

Yesterday was a long day. I had drove to Waterloo Thursday night. I arrived at about 2330 hours. We went to sleep. Mom was breathing loudly, I needed to be up at 0430 for the day. Before I left the house I talked with moms caregiver. She said mom was very sick girl, she was having oxygen delivered on Friday. Mom had a fever, I sang Jesus Loves Me to her. Then got on the road to the college visit with sons and a friend of the ones. We did get through with Simpson's and Drake's, had found where we wanted to eat supper, and ordered supper. Around 2-3 minutes after I sat down moms caregiver called saying mom had stopped breathing. I told her to call 911 while doing CPR, had them change our order to go, called my husband, and pastor to pray for a sate trip. While waiting for the pizza, I got a call that they had a pulse. So I called again. I got on the dh and I both got on the road. headed for Waterloo. Around 1915 hours moms caregiver called asking where I was, I told her and found out where dh was. He called me to find the ER at Allen Hospital. He arrived at about 2000 hours. I made it about 2030 hrs. to find she had passed about 1855 hours. I miss my parents!

They way things are shaping up the funeral home said No to Monday, I have a conflict with Tuesday, so Thursday was decided upon, at 1 p.m. at the funeral home.
Mom was not listed as of when I wrote this it may not be until Monday or Tuesday. I worked with Kristine M. Hirsch in the pre-planning part and Rick A. Hulstein since the hospital. Here is where the funeral home is, mom will be laid to rest beside dad, and the flower place we ordered from. Anything else you need/want to know please ask.

Locke Funeral Home
1519 W Fourth Street
Waterloo, IA 50702

Garden of Memories
3669 Logan Avenue
Waterloo, IA 50703

Design Studio Floral & Accessories
1409 La Porte Road
Waterloo, Iowa 50702

No comments: