Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Almost Canceled

While the deacon who was going to stay with the boys was right on time. I was on the road a little earlier than I needed to be. So I stopped by mom's church, to ask a question. No one was there so I headed over to get mom. She was still in the the tub and I was a good half hour early. By the time she dressed and ate we had 8 minutes to make it across town. By the time we got in the office we were 10 minutes late. The lady sounded like they were going to cancel her appointment, only she found moms paper work where she had already been checked in, and were ready for her to come back. I forgot to bring her pre surgery physical form. They said the send it over. I'll try to follow up with it tomorrow.

One other note I talked to the Dr. about a cortisone shot he said he could do it if she needed it but not today. He authorized her getting a transport chair, so I ran over as he told them I was coming and we found she needs prior authorization from her insurance. They sent it with us and I did sign the return of the wheel chair form. So now if it all goes through it will cost $290 and be hers instead of renting it for $55. a month for 13 months then becoming hers. It is much lighter and does not rub my purse when pushing her. I like that. She wanted to use it on the way in and out of Allen Hospital where we changed chairs. She walked into the Dr. office and out beside me slowly. =-)

No comments: