Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Surgery for Monday

Well this has been interesting. Yesterday, United Medical Park call with the surgery information for mom. Today the Dr.'s office called to change it, because I had questioned her being so late in the day, if they need to put her all the way under to do the cataract surgery. I ask them to try not to first, but know they may need to. They first scheduled her for 2:40 P.M. Then moved it to 2:20 P.M., Now it was moved a third time to 7:30 A.M. Since she needs to be there at 6:30 I will need to pick her up before that and be on the road early.

Still with not being able to have a drink 4 hours before surgery I am not sure how they expect her to take 2 of her medications. One they want her not to take that day.


So plans are in place, I guess. I will need to call hospice while she is in surgery to set up getting her started with them on Tuesday, now. Unless the Dr wants her to do any other things. I should ask him about cortisone shot for the torn rotator cuff.

No comments: