Thursday, November 15, 2007

Back Home on Hospice

As I drove over on Wednesday, Allen Hospital called. I was told they were releasing mom back to her care takers home as long as she was on hospice. Not a problem as they felt she is in the end stages of dementia, and a high risk for another stroke that will likely be her last. So after running across town for her medication to get those up dated, then back to get mom following eating and getting dressed. We got her in the house about 15 minutes prior to when I was to meet Hospice. Things went well with all of that.

Gripe with Allen. I told them all her meds, how many times? Way to many for them to have it messed up. She had been pulled off Lisinopril May 1st when when she had a stroke. So why did they have her on it and discharge her with it? I do not want her over medicated and loosing her hair unnecessarily. Well the hospice nurse checked her blood pressure 118/80. The Dr. said, "No! do not give it to her. So we are not. Her thyroid is upped, Lorazepam was upped last refill. Prilosac has not changed and back on potassium again. And Tylonal for pain if needed. Yet she is not likely to tell us she has pain too often. Another thing about Allen they are bad about letting me talk to the Dr.s. I never once talked to one while I was there, only on the phone, on days when I was not. What is with that!

While hospice did not mention it one nice service they offer. When the time come is to dispose of all prescribed meds unused. So we will not have the headache we had when dad left for his reward. Yeah! We are going to start with Hospice coming in three times a week, with a home health aid. They will come up to 5 days a week 2 hours a day. I am not sure of the time but think they are only doing one hour for now. I am still reading through there materials.

While the Dr. at Allen did his job, DHS called today. They are going to check tomorrow. I just pray the lady is reasonable. She will see all is in order and well recorded.

Mom's care taker pointed out what a great danger mom and dad were in. There was so very much grease on the broiler pan starting the oven could have started a fire! I can imagine how much worse that would have been.

To Waterloo to winterized the hot tub.

Much to thank the Lord for! Thank you Lord!!!

No comments: