Friday, November 9, 2007

Doctor visit today

Let us go back one day to November 8, about 8 a.m. Moms Dr. office called. They wanted her to come in to talk about her most recent blood work, lab results. I was concerned but guess I did not need to be too much, as it turned out. I was told the Dr. was booked solid for three weeks. Then asked if we could be there at 10 today. I made some quick calls to cover the boys and work out my end of things here. The Dr. just wanted to up her thyroid medicine, and get her on potassium again. His next concern was that she is almost due for a mammogram. Yet I did ask about her eating and eating while loosing weight. He ordered a stomach CT, and chest x-ray as well as the mammogram for after the 13th. One year from when she last had one, translated when insurance would let her get another one. He inquired about her having a colonoscopy, which I told him she had one in May. I think I should have mentioned at Covenant since he might think she had it where she should have in stead of where she did. He was glad for that. But ordered testing as he thought possibly stomach cancer. So we will be going next week to check on that.

She got her flu shot today. I learned she had a pneumonia shot in 2004. More so they are good for 5 years, so if asked again I can now tell them or look it up.

Her new grandson has a shower tomorrow.

She is falling a lot and often bruised from her falls. =-(

No comments: