Sunday, April 8, 2007

About moving out of the nursing home

I moved mom out of the nursing home. I was over in their community on Jan. 5th and 6th. Before I left town on the 5th I stopped in to see her at 8:30P.M. at night she was in bed fully dressed. So after going back to the house and working I went over to see her at 10:30 A.M. Saturday morning. She was in the same clothes, and she had soiled herself and was sitting in it. I waited 15 or 20 minutes and no one came to check on her or her roommate. I changed mom, then determined to get her moved ASAP. So on January 13th I moved her out of the nursing home. For two months she made the most incredible progress. I was in awe. She has regressed again yet she does still recognise me. She is living with a former neighbor who has the care of her cousin who is bed ridden and on IV's, and her 13 year old great nephew who was abused. We are trying to get mom's house cleaned out to move them back while Bonnie, her care taker, has an addition put on her house. Then we will decide which place works better for them. Mom did not know me when we moved her out of the nursing home.

No comments: