Monday, April 16, 2007

Cataract Surgery

Well I got up at 4 A.M. like I needed to. I was on the road in time, and watched the sun come up as I drove over. I picked mom up at 6:31 and we were where we needed to be at 7:00 A.M. From there we were shuffled along in a timely manor. They put mom to sleep, removed the cataract. I talked to the doctor he was happy with how things had went. He did put a stitch in to keep her from rubbing it open.

Tomorrow I hope we know more about the Corneal Guttata associated with Fuch's Corneal Dystrophy. I am not sure how long before the doctor will decide about it if it makes enough difference to remove the other Cataract. We do go back for a follow up to surgery appointment.

While it took quite a while to wake up afterward, mom was not hungry. She wanted to sleep and keep the 4 blankets on. We left about 11:30 or 12 noon with the help of two nurses and a belt to hold her. As we got close her caregivers house she said she need a week to heal, she also said she could not heel at the care givers home. She fought to stay in my mini van. Could be interesting tomorrow. When I get her I think it will go fine, but getting her back to the Caregivers could be where she puts up a fight again.

There is still much to learn about taking care of mom.

Right eye done, left eye undecided.

No comments: