Saturday, April 7, 2007

Mom's Eyes (Ann)

While Bonnie had us looking for mom's glasses for more than a month, to no avail. Since it was in 2003 she had last gotten them she was due again, so I took her. I did learn she has cataracts in both eyes and corneal guttata associated with Fuch's corneal dystrophy. It was at this time I learned Uncle Clyde has glaucoma. Which I am sharing as these things are hereditary so you and your children should know it. I will assume you will inform them.

We returned to the doctor on 6 April 2007 for a cataract consultation. She will have out patient surgery on April 16, 2007. She may need the corneal replaced the doctor will advise after the surgery.

Mom has slipped again in what she know and does not know. This is hard. If you need more information please ask I will try to make it clear for you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you are curious what guttata look like under the microscope (i.e. what the ophthalmologist is seeing when they describe these bumps) you might want to check out this video:

Guttata video

The guttae bumps look like divots or beaten metal in the reflection off the cornea.