Monday, June 18, 2007

Mom fell

As I was out the door Saturday on my way to the nursing home dh's cell phone rang. It was the nursing home looking for me. They found mom out of her chair on the floor. On her right side! The did not see any thing wrong and she said she was not in pain. Well I went in within less than two minutes, They called the nurse to come check her out. The nurse said they would check the next day or so too.

When I arrived on Sunday she was in her room in her chair, her roommate in the door. I got by her roommate, pressed the call the nurses light to get in them in there. She was trying to get out of her chair into bed alone. It takes two of them to move her with a hoyer lift. They wanted her to stay up until supper, she wanted in bed. It was early afternoon. Since I was there to visit, a nurse had me take her to a lobby to visit. She kept begging to go to her room and too bed. She rolled to one side and discovered she was wet so I had them change her. Then I left as she only wanted to be in bed. (sigh)

No comments: