Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Dr. Kahal talked to me again today

While she greeted me with news that mom has had a massive stroke, and she did not see mom leaving the hospital. I told her, I cannot live with her staying here. So we discussed bringing mom to a nursing home over here. The social worker asked about her ability to make the ride over which has been running though my mind, too.

They did NOT find the she was bleeding into her stomach which could be fixed with a pill. What that leads to is mom up to finding where she is bleeding from. The Dr. believes not and if she were up to finding where she is bleeding from, she further believes mom is not up to treating it. So she will remain off blood thinners. Which the Dr. believes will lead to a stroke that does her in. Yet the Dr. added that since she has had a stoke while on the blood thinner for some time she does not think it helps her anyway.

I talked with Bonnie and she reminded me of several things, they have been wrong about with mom. She is so very helpful. Starting with she should not be her now, well she is so let us help her. Moving on they said if she ate she would die of pneumonia. She is getting stronger when she eats, if they quit putting her to sleep all the time! (May 1-3, took a couple day s to wear off. May 7 and 9. Still she is getting stronger.) Ultimately it is out of human hands and has been. Yes I did authorize them putting her to sleep on the 7 & 9th, as she need that dislocated shoulder put back in place and to see if she was bleeding into her stomach. I think if she makes it out of there she will make it longer then if she stays.

No comments: