Monday, May 14, 2007

Mom Moved Today

The hospital would not let me bring her, or let her sit in a wheel chair. So they made us use a more expensive transport service. To which I was quoted a price and the driver thought it was lower than it should have been. Yet he took what I had been quoted. Mom slept much of the way, yet woke up scared from time to time. I rode with her and assured her all was well. I got to the hospital right about the same time as the driver. I had hoped to be there earlier but that did not happen. Mom was NOT dressed and ready to go. So I dug her clothes out and learned she need button up tops until her right arm is better. It is in a immobilizer for now. So her current address is
Dubuque Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Ann M_ _ _ _ _ _ room A-10
2935 Kauffmann Ave.
Dubuque, Iowa 52001

I hope to have her back in Waterloo, walking and feeding her self soon. It was nice to be at an appointment with my family at 5, take the boys to Boy Scouts at 7, and check in on her until they got her ready for bed about 8. They are very nice there.

I need to go back to Waterloo for her brush at the hospital, her socks, button tops, and under garments, I will have to go Tuesday or Wednesday. I hope she can get well. Still debating what to do about her follow up eye appointment (May 25th) and her dentist appointment June 14. I have time, so that is good.

She did say she wanted the other bed not by the window. They said they have a T.V she can use I would not want to bring the Big screen or the 25 " from her home and we only have one 19" here. So if she gets a T.V. Her favorite son-in-law will become her best friend, to watch the Cubs. Her room needs a chair. I would like to move things around a little.

The only one I talked to from the hospital today was the social worker and the the CNA who helped her leave. So I am going to be reading the doctors notes soon.

No comments: