Thursday, May 31, 2007

Good news!!!

Today I got some news that has me very excited. I was in moms room and walked up to tell the director of nursing I wanted to talk to her when she had some time. She stopped what she was doing and said mom ate 100% of her lunch. I thought good. Then she told me she tried to give her a built up spoon and mom would not use it. I thought Oh well. Then she added so she gave her a regular spoon and she fed herself her whole meal!!!!!! and ate it all. That got me excited. Not just the cold stuff like she did at the hospittal but all of it.

I asked her about her children she said the youngest name, added and, then said the middle sons name, and then added and, again but did not say more. Yet I can tell by her eyes she knows me somehow. She want the wrist part if the immobliser off. might be a long two weeks, yet. She wants to go home but will not tell me where home is.

On the last weekend she got a patrotic Felix the cat. She loves to hold him in her left arm She really likes him and tuck him in with her to sleep. =-)

No comments: