Saturday, May 26, 2007

I was there at the wrong time today

With commitments at 8:30 A.M., 10:00 A.M., and 6 P.M., some mending for mom's clothes I had gotten from the house, and dress pants for two members of our home. I got there about mid afternoon. I took my knitting if she was tired or if we could watch a movie together. The nurses said she was very alert today. I was relieved to hear that. =-) She ask to go home again but would not tell me where home is. =-(
Yet I got there as she and her roommate were napping. I opened the curtains for the plants. She wanted them closed. Then kept asking until I closed them 5-10 minutes later. I turned on the T.V. so we could find something to watch. I turned on the light over her bed. Then she wanted the light over her bed off and the then the T.V off. I kept the light on long enough to read Psalm 9 to her and sang "Jesus Loves Me" but she would not sing along today. She wanted the light off before, so I could not sing anything else. Yet she was agitated enough by any light, I could not sit in the dark and knit or tat or read. So I came home sooner than I was planning to.

The rest of my household went to Waterloo to do lawn maintenance. Only the rain prevented them from getting much done. Other than I hope they got the blade sharpened and the rototiller removed and lawn mower put back on. I better check if they got that all done.

Keep praying for dear youngest brother.

No comments: