Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Not Good News

Well I did get to the nursing home in time to see the Dr. yesterday. He said mom has progress where the dementia medicines are no longer helping her. So no longer any need for them.

The nursing home informed me that mom lunges forward and backward so hard that she is unsafe in a wheelchair, and needs help with everything. So they feel she is not showing enough improvement, which has her becoming private pay.

They did not mention calling Hospice which is what the hospital was saying. I believe I will call them anyway. She is off her blood thinners which increases her likely hood of having another stroke. She is bleeding internally and they see no reason to look for it any further.

She is eating good but that is about all I can say. Her drinking she drinks way to fast. So they have to give her little bits for sips.

No comments: